As we wave goodbye to another winter season here in Chamonix, we seem to have missed spring all together and moved straight into summer – temperatures are already hitting over 20 degrees on a regular basis and the snow is melting fast.
Once the ski areas have closed, the lift operator switches over to summer multi-pass sales, which you will be able to buy from 2nd May to 30th November 2018 inclusive.
The multi-pass is a great way to access the mountains and various visitor attractions in the Chamonix Valley. The areas that the multi-pass covers are as follows:
- Brévent / Flégère
- Grands Montets
- Balme – Le Tour / Vallorcine
- Aiguille du Midi & Step into the Void
- *Montenvers Mer de Glace (train and site access)
- *Tramway du Mont-Blanc
- Les Houches
- Les Bossons Chairlift
- St Gervais (Evasion Mont Blanc area)
- Megève (Evasion Mont Blanc area)
*The Panoramic Mont Blanc gondola at the Aiguille du Midi will be closed for the whole summer to undergo repairs.
*The Tramway du Mont Blanc will not stop at the Nid d’Aigle stop due to ongoing construction work.
*The ice cave at the Mer de Glace will be closed on selected dates – see timetables below for more info).
Take a look at the various timetables and operating hours for these areas to help plan your days out.
Not only does your Chamonix summer pass give you access to all of the above, but you’ll also benefit from:
- -50% off the lifts in Courmayeur, Italy (except the Skyway Monte Bianco)
- Access to the mountain top swimming pool in Cormayeur
- 1 free ride on the Alpine Coaster at Chamonix leisure park
- Discounts on the Petit Train (tourist train around Chamonix centre)
- -40% off a visit to the Jardin des Cimes in Passy.
You’ll also get access to the Chamonix valley bus service for free (timetables).
2018 Multi-Pass Prices & Special Offers
Family passes allow 2 adults & children a discount of up to 20% from the public rates if you buy them online (passes must be bought at least 3 days in advance of your arrival and be for a minimum of 1 or 2 consecutive days or 3 non consecutive days). Extra children up to a maximum of 3 can be added on for free.
There are also special online rates for the Aiguille du Midi and Montevers Mer de Glace (between 1st May & 16th June 2018) and for mountain bikers and parapenters all summer. Contact us for more information on these.
Note that passes are hands-free and cost 3 euros each. They are non-refundable but you can re-charge them for subsequent summer or winter visits.
Mountain Base Summer Top Tips
- Buying a multi-pass in advance through us means that you don’t have to queue at the ticket offices each day you want to use the lifts. We’ll have your hands-free passes ready for when you arrive at your accommodation, so when you’re ready to use them you go straight to the turnstile or gate to access the lifts.
- If you’re visiting in July or August, we’d highly recommend you book in advance for the Aiguille du Midi or the Tramway du Mont Blanc. You can do this at any of the cash desks or online (once the tickets go on sale) and if you already have your Mont Blanc Multi-pass it’s free (pay 2 euros if not).
- For ultimate flexibility we’d suggest you buy the non-consecutive day passes, especially if you’re here for longer than a week.
- Our team includes keen trail runners, cyclists, hikers and mountain bikers, so if you’ve got any questions about activities and things to do in Chamonix in Summer, get in touch and we’d be happy to share more top tips and answer any more questions that you may have.
Book Your Accommodation
We pride ourselves on offering a high standard of properties around the Chamonix valley. Each apartment or chalet has its own parking, free WiFi and one hairdryer per bathroom. All linen and towels are included in the price, as well as an end of stay clean.
We’ve got live prices and availability on our website, so it’s easy for you to see what your options are based on your dates of travel and the size of your group. You can book a one week stay directly through the site, or for shorter stays (minimum 4 nights) or longer duration holidays, please contact us directly for a quote.
See you soon!