It might have been a little late to get started but it looks like winter is here to stay a bit longer than expected – extended opening dates were announced this week for the Chamonix ski season!
La Flegere and Le Tour/Vallorcine ski areas will remain open until 24th April, a week longer than scheduled, and Les Grands Montets won’t close until 1st May. So there’s a whole month of skiing to be had before the season is officially over!
Our next bit of good news is that lift passes are discounted from 9th April to 1st May, saving you as much as 46% on a 3 day pass – perfect for a cheeky last minute ski weekend! You can find all the prices here and pre-order your discounted Chamonix lift pass here, or simply contact us now for details.
You can also find great savings on Chamonix accommodation through our partners at Mountain Base, who are offering 10% discount on all bookings made for April. They have a fantastic range of chalets and apartments in Chamonix to suit all budgets, our favourite picks are:
Apartment Brevent – a large newly refurbished apartment right at the foot of the Brevent ski lift. Super stylish, bright and spacious, find out more here.
Apartment Clos de Savoy – spacious three bedroom apartment in an ideal location just minutes from the ski slopes and the centre of Chamonix. Quiet but very central, find out more here.
Villa Floria – charming modern apartment just a few steps from the centre of Chamonix. Quiet yet convenient location, find out more here.
Chalet Alpins – a large comfortable chalet with hot tub looking out over Mont Blanc, perfect for large families or groups of friends. Sunny terrace with fabulous views, find out more here.
Save 10% on all Chamonix accommodation here – all you have to do is quote “Mountain Lifestyle Spring Sale” when booking!
Once you’ve saved money on your lift passes and accommodation, you’ll be happy to know that we can also offer you a 10% discount on your airport transfers! Simply book your Chamonix airport transfers on this page and use the exclusive discount code “april” to save yourself a few more euros on all journeys from the 1st to the 30th of April.
You can also benefit from massive discounts of up to 50% on ski and snowboard rental when you book in advance from our friends on this page – all are conveniently central to Chamonix and some will even deliver to your accommodation!
If you needed any more reasons to visit Chamonix this spring then here are just a few of the great events that are lined up over the next few weeks:
- Chamonix Unlimited Festival 7-11 April : 5 days of DJs on the mountains and in the bars and clubs of Chamonix. A great line up of international house and techno DJs awaits you; many of the parties are free entry, some require tickets. You can find more details here.
- La Corse à Cham 22-24 April : Corsica comes to Chamonix in a whirlwind of street markets, folk dancing, live music and delicious delicacies. Most of the fun is free, just take a stroll through the centre of town and soak up the sunny Corsican vibes.
- Freeride Days (date TBC) : the end of season closing party is one of the best events of the winter with DJs, BBQ, freeride contests, fancy dress, live music and not forgetting the infamous water slide up at Les Grands Montets. Bring along your best rail and kicker skills to impress the crowds or just turn up, grab a beer and enjoy the spectacle. The party continues down in Argentiere and Chamonix long after the ski area has closed. Free entry, you just need a lift pass to access the ski area. Freeride Days usually takes place on the last Sunday of the season, we’ll post the date on our Facebook page as soon as it has been confirmed.
- Saturday Market : pick up some fresh local produce from the weekly market that fills the centre of Chamonix every Saturday morning – fresh bread, meat, cheese and fruit to make a handy picnic to take up the hill. You can also pick up succulent roasted chicken or hot-from-the-oven pizza for a quick and tasty lunch, as well as Savoyard wines, cakes and honey.
- Live Music : the apres-ski scene is still live and kicking, spring is when the bars spill out into the streets to soak up the late afternoon sunshine and it becomes acceptable to start sporting a goggle tan. Chamonix night life is chock-a-block with live music playing from 4pm until late into the night – keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out where to party after the slopes have closed for the day.